Re: xAP Message Viewer ... v2.0 !

  • Subject: Re: xAP Message Viewer ... v2.0 !
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 02:42:23 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Stuart Booth <lists@x> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've been working on a new version of the xAP Message Viewer over
the
> past few days and thought some of you might be interested in trying
> out Beta1 (not the complete feature set BTW).
>
> The major change in this version is that you can now completely
> customise the columns that Viewer shows.
>
> That in itself probably won't generate much interest, but for
those of
> you with a lot of xAP traffic flying around, the ability to
**create
> your own columns** could be very useful indeed. No more wishing I'd
> hurry up and release a new build with that previous request  :-))
>
> In fact, this facility has proven so useful that the default set of
> columns now provided by Viewer (including Target and a list of Body
> Blocks, to the great relief of at least one that I know of ;-)

:-)

Great Stuart - it is surprising how awkward BSC interactions can get
and this is a great step forward to seeing what's happening.
Particularly when your focussing just on BSC and also on two
specific devices but you need to identify the targeted messages. (
to study just the pair of devices and their BSC interaction if you
see what I mean).

When you have HomeSeer with a lot of devices (eg two hundred or so -
all sending xAP messages its pretty lively)

I literally had a C-Bus light I couldnt turn ON - guess what it was
being turned OFF immediately I sent an ON command - The response
times from the Rabbit controller are literally about 100ms so it all
happens so quick now.

Kevin