xAP Message Viewer ... v2.0 !

  • Subject: xAP Message Viewer ... v2.0 !
  • From: Stuart Booth <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:35:31 +0100

Folks,

I've been working on a new version of the xAP Message Viewer over the
past few days and thought some of you might be interested in trying
out Beta1 (not the complete feature set BTW).

The major change in this version is that you can now completely
customise the columns that Viewer shows.

That in itself probably won't generate much interest, but for those of
you with a lot of xAP traffic flying around, the ability to **create
your own columns** could be very useful indeed. No more wishing I'd
hurry up and release a new build with that previous request  :-))

In fact, this facility has proven so useful that the default set of
columns now provided by Viewer (including Target and a list of Body
Blocks, to the great relief of at least one that I know of ;-) are
themselves built using this same internal engine. This means you can
even adjust the default columns to your own preferences instead of
being lumbered with my own preferences.

For the time being only C# code is accepted as that's what I'm
familiar with. I thought I'd put out a public beta for anybody that is
interested to try whilst I add more features. Feedback always welcomed
as that will help guide future mods. VisualBasic.NET support to be
added next.

Also, at the moment there's little documentation but you can edit the
existing column data types to get a feel for how they are implemented.
Those of you already familiar with programming xAPplications using
xAPFramework.NET will be right at home (bar the odd change I've made
to support all this).

Any questions or requests for info on how to make it do such-and-such,
post away on-list here - without some xFx familiarity creating custom
columns might be a bit frustrating.

Older online documentation (does not document the new features):
<http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=8>

Downloads:
<http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4>

PS - before anybody asks, no you can't sort the columns by dragging
the column headers just yet :-D
--
Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/