Re: xAP Speech Beta released

  • Subject: Re: xAP Speech Beta released
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:16:00 +0000

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:57:55 -0000, "Mark Harrison \(Yahoo!\)"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=9NQezyyrl5X10MaVAiguvzzz0FFUzpIuGCsjNue1nqj5QEgPT9yokZ2KetXJ9veEfnFheca3OnOcFsI8">mph@a...</a>>
wrote:

>Not checked, but I -fear- that some of my VB code might barf if there
were
>NO k/v pairs in a block body...

Ah. I believe I pump out some message blocks without any content too.
The less redundant data in the messages the better I think.

Sure, I add some in some messages that's optionally redundant, but in
this case it seems to me it isn't used for anything as there is no
alternative value? Is that right, James? If so, then I had this case
elsewhere and left the block empty simply because I couldn't think of
anything genuinely useful that wasn't already implicit in the mere
existence of the named block.

So, ummm, would it be better for all xAP schema anywhere if your code
coped with that rather than having to artificially add something in
across the board? All of us might need to 'fix' our code where
necessary, although admittedly you might not be using any of the s/w
that causes the problem!! :-))

>Also, we MIGHT think of some other tts-specific thing that should be in
>location schema further down the line...

I think we should add it in at the time, and until then not send data
just for the sake of having a non-empty block.

I'm easy either way, but it just struck me as a waste to send
something that will be ignored.

// Says the man who's code messes with the order of the block
// fields simply because of the way the collection class works... ;-)
--
Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=6suL_jJKm_lhGywpXpdIzlkcHEO9NfmD4Yf5jzfXizuluZD26Q34KY-SEM7r-kwyrEUkubyeooAZWLJlGwM">stuart@x...</a>>