RE: New app - xAP TV

  • Subject: RE: New app - xAP TV
  • From: James
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:55:00 +0000

One thing to try, is to kick off a manual download through DOS so you
can see if any errors are popping up.

In Dos

cd to where ever xaptv is
xmltv\xmltv tv_grab_uk --days 5 >temp.xml

the command needs to run from the xaptv directory not the xmltv as the
configs are stored in xaptv, hence the xmltv\xmltv bit

You should see (roughly):

getting list of channels
grabbing X channels from X
Downloading listings
Usually followed by a message saying you can only have 4 days
Parsing
Writing

The odd thing here is that you temp.xml file contains some bytes.
Usually when the download fails you get 0 bytes! What does it look like
in notepad?

Kevin, you are now the official xAP Bug master!

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=B78gALUZCMU0XyuPvBWDXGjqoaZWn7fXPcOxKSfd3Ax9hhrpZfN9kpBx0bgipAJ8uMAJM6hcTXKcMH_6Nq2NJBFsQ0SZRxgDulPS6Q_1B3OYPG8">xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>