Re: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents

  • Subject: Re: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 04:00:00 +0000

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 12:16:51 +0000, Stuart Booth
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=MC4PjdWButy1rpWAH9hKwhJwHhtUuUGVi6C4qASgKifLe7yBm5X9mPzYI-zf1aDoCZyk8FkRgjANGklDUTU">lists@x...</a>>

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=SSVquhjkgr7IoE1ldRhF0XIULcsxkEDx55DiOKbx0srOzyemL1GHSvvCH2rtVk2ckjj3_kyJ_LzlhAQ-HqXRm_bxcfmg">mcs101main@w...</a>>
wrote:

>>I've have general success with use of the slilmp3Conector, but
there are three
items for which I have not had success
>>1. I'm trying to query the index of the currently playing track. I
tried
Playlist.Query, Query=Index and I saw the conector display playlist index
?,
but I never received a Playlist.Notification on an xAP message.

--

I just tested this with Slim Connector v1.2.7.1 and it appears to work
correctly for me. Can you be more specific on the message you're

I sent this message with Send:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=xAP-Audio.Query
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
}
Playlist.Query
{
Query=Index
}

Viewer shows me that this message was sent out in response:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF077400
class=xAP-Audio.Query
source=KCSoft.SliMP3.anya
}
Playlist.Notification
{
status=6
query=index
}

However, I notice that this message is essentially wrong if you have
more than one Slim on your network. At the time I wrote it I only had
the one and never noticed the problem. The latest&amp;greatest
Connector
is much improved in this respect of dealing with multiple Slims.

Anyway, what I've noticed is that if I send a targetted message such
as this:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=xAP-Audio.Query
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.Anya:Office
}
Playlist.Query
{
Query=Index
}

Then whilst "playlist index ?" appears on the display, nothing
happens. Is this more like what you're doing?

Fixed in the new build.

>>2. I would like to retrieve the entire contents of the loaded
playlist.
>>Do I iterate on Playlist.Query with an increasing index key or is
there a more
elegant approach.

That's the only way at the moment. That's a good idea though. I'll
post on that one separately.

>>If I iterate, then how do I know the number of indexes in the
playlist?

Send it a message like this:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF123400
class=xAP-Audio.Query
source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
}
Playlist.Query
{
query=Tracks
}

You'll get a response such as:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF077400
class=xAP-Audio.Query
source=KCSoft.SliMP3.anya
}
Playlist.Notification
{
status=11
query=tracks
}

This is also wrong wrt multiple Slims, but fixed in the newer version.

HTH,

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=Ys9OnMDQ8boCvaMe887B5U9RdLI_ow3j-JB3Qd-oLzxeoerIcJBhfdcABKZIKQFwLEBnI5o6PJJD4HDpQrs">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net