Re: New app - xAP TV

  • Subject: Re: New app - xAP TV
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:42:00 +0000

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:22:38 +0000, James <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=0YXc3UGjLqNRx3wy8cWkKMPy1UuX6wj2C1fbEi6zN1MXnriJfGhKdMEOmM8yfSpI1937">james@m...</a>>
wrote:

>I have just uploaded an updated build that fixes these blank programs.
>It also features an improved gui with better TV listing browsing and a
>more robust internal listings filter.

Working a treat now.

>When you click Download or the time is 7am, xAPTV runs XMLTV to
download
>new listings. This download can take upto 4 minutes! After the file is
>downloaded, XMLTV parses the file and saves it to an xml file, this can
>take a minute or so.

Ahhh, I left it, watching to see it was doing something in the b/g,
and it's sprung into life.

Couple of things that hit me, although I'm about to call it a day so
I'll have to follow up tomorrow.

Now Playing is saying Unknown for all items beside the channel name..
C4 has some data until 12.45am so should it pick that up? Oh, hang on,
that'll be for today, not yesterday. My error. I'll see how it updates
tomorrow.

BTW, when it does the refresh every minute any selection in the Now
Playing list of channels is lost. So I was viewing C4 there, and it's
gone back to base_mtv.

This has probably already been suggested. How about sending the data
on changes with less regular dumps of all information rather than once
a minute? That's a stack of data coming out of there!

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=S_5qkDSA3zNOGKF2gRDyu-8FC9v3CbGgcC1X1kUl66uCwlBQyvXvgpNFS2tPPyCRNH0H3E7l7-VBbCIN3EW5ig">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net