Re: New app - xAP TV

  • Subject: Re: New app - xAP TV
  • From: James
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:22:00 +0000

> That one got me! When I re-read the instructions it's even more
> embarrassing.

:-)

I have just uploaded an updated build that fixes these blank programs.
It also features an improved gui with better TV listing browsing and a
more robust internal listings filter.

> So I clicked the Get New Listings button thinking this would force the
> download of listings. The "Sending in <time>" stops
counting down and
> the message pane now says "Downloading new listings" but it
doesn't
> seem to be doing anything else. It also seems to stop sending messages
> now too. I guess it's trying to find some data that never arrives??

When you click Download or the time is 7am, xAPTV runs XMLTV to download
new listings. This download can take upto 4 minutes! After the file is
downloaded, XMLTV parses the file and saves it to an xml file, this can
take a minute or so. During all this the only way to see that XMLTV is
doing anything is to look in the task manager and see if its running.
I will try and improve on this process and make it a bit more obvious
and add a re-collection if the first fails.

> Should I wait until 7am tomorrow?

That depends on various factors, mainly coffee and sleep. I will leave
the answer up to you