Re: New app - xAP TV

  • Subject: Re: New app - xAP TV
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:35:00 +0000

Heya James,

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:00:36 +0000, James <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=ZqI7EgOivI72KgrCCa8ixX5qQNVg_X7k_lQ7D-kqF-B17dnmZLfjl1Ubi6o5tGtS362VijMc">james@m...</a>>
wrote:

>xAP TV uses XMLTV to download the current TV listings. Once it has the
>current listings it will output over xAP what programmes are on now and
>what comes next, all with full time info and descriptions, for each
>channel. Future versions will include full listing outputting as well
as
>alerts by program name and searches.
>
>This is an early beta release. It doesn't have an installer yet, it
just
>needs unzipping. However, it must be unzipped to a place where there is
>no spaces in the directory names (XMLTV limitation).

That one got me! When I re-read the instructions it's even more
embarrassing.

For anybody that doesn't know, the complete path needs to contain no
space characters..

> It will download
>new listings every day at 7:00 am and it is configured by default to
>download the 5 terrestrial channels(UK),

As it currently has no data it sends out empty messages:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF234401
class=next.playing
source=mi4.tvradio.anya:carlton
}
next.playing
{
end=
description=
title=
station=
start=
}

So I clicked the Get New Listings button thinking this would force the
download of listings. The "Sending in <time>" stops
counting down and
the message pane now says "Downloading new listings" but it
doesn't
seem to be doing anything else. It also seems to stop sending messages
now too. I guess it's trying to find some data that never arrives??

>but this can be changed at any
>time by clicking on the configure button. You will also get the option
>of selecting satellite and radio channels too!

I ran through the XMLTV config adding the channels I recognised, but
nothing seems to have changed.

I thought it might be because it was stuck in that Downloading New
Listings phase so I restarted the xAPplication. Nothing new.

I then tried re-running the configure script but it asks if I want to
overwrite the current configuration, which I decided not to.

Should I wait until 7am tomorrow?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=ghvja3FzQcTUbut-JxY--bwK9dUYr5y_3tIx7g8uiYUcWfvU_KegE5DoX1NJICIaAGMSmyG1dHt_6OStrEqrLJ8">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net