Re: xAPTV beta 3 released

  • Subject: Re: xAPTV beta 3 released
  • From: James
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:37:00 +0000

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 16:51, Max Barker wrote:
> I love seeing the TV reminders displayed on my slimp3 :-)
> This is a truly great app, destined to replace TVQuick, (paper TV
> guides are so '90's anyway)
glad you like it

> I've been running it for about a week now and have had a few minor
> glitches, running on XP home:-
> 1) OSD messages not being sent although the gui says it is. No
> particular pattern. When one fails to send, all following triggers
> fail to send, remains displaying the original failed "sending
> trigger". I've double checked this with xAPViewer.
I've noticed this too. I think there wern't enough checks prior to
sending and when the description field was empty it was sending blank
lines that would be dropped by a xaframework hub. I have added these and
more checks to a new version that I have just uploaded.

> 2) Crashes when I try to add FTN to the configuration. "Run-time
error
> "55":File already open". Try to restart the app and get
"An error has
> occurred during startup. There is probably something wrong in the txt
> file".
ftn had some odd xml entries that were mucking up the parser. This
should be fine in the new build.

If you get missing xAP alerts sent out could you close xAPTV, edit the
debug line in the xaptv.txt to say yes and rerun xAPTV. This will output
text files for each xAP message sent and create a log of whats going on.
It should help to fix the problem. This will generate load of files, so
I would have it on debug for too long. Hopefully the problem is gone
anyway.

> Feature requests :-)
> Is it going to expand to a five or seven day listings?
It downloads 7 days worth of listings, but as you see displays only one
day. Originally xAPTV was only going to be a server type app, the
displays within it were only really put there for settings triggers.
What I will probably add is a client that can view all programs in a
nice way and get its data via xAP form xAPTV. Probably would endup
looking a bit like digiguide. For the moment if you go to xmltv.org
there is a java viewer for xmltv files. If you download this you could
point it at the listings.xml file and it displays them nicely (albeit
slowly!)

> Display "today" listings upto 6am the next day.
Will do, nice idea
> Perhaps have a recommended viewing window for the week based on
> existing triggers.
In a sense thats what the window bottom left shows. But it's not really
an ideal viewing platform.

Let me know how you get on with the new beta and if it helps solve the
issues you noticed.

Thanks

James