Several updated xAP Hubs

  • Subject: Several updated xAP Hubs
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:18:00 +0000

Continuing the themes of the other updates, I've uploaded the latest
builds of the various flavours of my xAP Hubs.

A document on the various hub flavours (what they do, why they're
needed, what they look like, etc) can be viewed here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=7";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=7</a>>

And the actual EXEs/Installers are available for download from here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=5</a>>

There's not too much to say on these. They all benefit from some
performance tweaks I've made to the xAPFramework 'engine' recently.
All my apps are benefiting from this since they all have xAPFramework
in common. Hence the series of small updates just now before I can get
to the main courses.

The console hub is now notably faster than the previously available
build. Just a moment ago I was pumping several hundred messages
through it via the improved Send application, but it's unlikely this
message rate will be typical in Real Life !

The GUI hub shares a lot of its updates in common with the updated
Viewer app, namely the separate configuration file and window
placement memory between sessions.

There is also an updated Windows Service version of the hub for those
that prefer that.

Any problems, let me know,

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=WA98skZII3_XGv4S_fpCRNQyfE9SHXvPCThhYNk6LEasRkR3LMj3bUkk6WP3ZiQRlRHMAHdr0M9bC6GDZFYyOg">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net