Re: xAPTV beta 2 released

  • Subject: Re: xAPTV beta 2 released
  • From: Max Barker
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:51:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">I love
seeing the TV reminders displayed on my slimp3 :-)
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">This is a
truly great app, destined to replace TVQuick, (paper TV guides are so '90's
anyway)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">I've been
running it for about a week now and have had a few minor glitches, running
on XP home:- </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">1) OSD
messages not being sent although the gui says it is. No particular pattern.
When one fails to send, all following&nbsp; triggers fail to send,
remains displaying the original failed "sending trigger". I've
double checked this with xAPViewer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">2) Crashes
when I try to add FTN to the configuration. "Run-time error
"55":File already open". Try to restart the app and get
"An error has occurred during startup. There is probably something
wrong in the txt file".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Feature
requests :-) </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Is it
going to expand to a five or seven day listings? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Display
"today" listings upto 6am the next day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Perhaps
have a recommended viewing window for the week based on existing
triggers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2">Max</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="james@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:james@xxxxxxx";>James</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xap_automation@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, February 20, 2004 12:13
AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [xap_automation] xAPTV beta 2
released</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT></DIV><TT>All the same
features but now can use Bleb listings data(UK) and has achannel name
tweaker.A few weeks back Andover stopped their listings, this meant that
xAPTVhad to use the radio times for listings. Unfortunately this worked
byscraping webpages and was incredibly slow. Bleb.org is an excellent
freelistings provider that can now create xmltv files.&nbsp; In this
new versionof xAPTV, Bleb is now the default source. It has a graphic
config tooland is really, really fast! XMLTV is still there, and will be
needed fornon-Uk listings, just not default.In the xAPTV.txt there is a new
line "Name=X,Y". You can have upto 1000of these lines. X is the
name of the channel as download and Y is whatyou would like it to be
called. So you can now get rid of all thosesouth_ or north_ in channel
titles.Download from www.mi4.bizJames</TT>