Re: Small xAP Message Viewer update available

  • Subject: Re: Small xAP Message Viewer update available
  • From: Max Barker
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:27:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Didn't the
old one minimise to the system tray? I quite liked
that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2">Max</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Stuart
Booth</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xap_automation@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, February 28, 2004 4:18
PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [xap_automation] Small xAP Message
Viewer update available</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>Hi folks,I've uploaded a new build,
v1.2.1.4 of the xAP Message Viewer utilityto here (right down at the
bottom):<<A href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=4";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=4</A>>In
case you're not familiar with this useful utility, there is someonline
documentation to be found here:<<A href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=8";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=8</A>>As
well as being a little bit faster at processing incoming xAPmessages
(because of some improvements I've made to the core ofxAPFramework
recently), this latest build is notable for a very smallbut useful little
featurette: it remembers its last used position,size and various
dimensions. I got fed up moving it around my screenevery day!!The other
notable improvement is its use of a configuration file tostore the settings
you can adjust from its UI. Rather than saving themto the Viewer.exe.config
file it stores things in a separate file.This is another small change but
it's significant because previouslyit would get overwritten the next time
you download and extract anupdated build to the same location.There are
also some tweaks to its malformed xAP message handling whichhave been
spotted and fixed. The remainder of the changes are listedbelow.Any
problems, let me know.Chang
e History:- Fixed problem that didn't remove old messages when a xAP device
was 'forgotten'. If newer messages subsequently arrived the full set would
be visible once again.- Fixed bug that allowed 2 similar devices differing
only in name case to appear in the tree separately.- Removed extra newline
character in tooltip display, making it a line taller than it needed to
be.- Added Tooltips option to Tools menu and Tools/Options dialog, but only
when manually activated via the config file rather than always being
present.- Saves/Restores its window position, size, state and inner
dimensions, as well as general settings, to a new configuration file,
separate from the app.config file.- Fixed small bug which displayed 0
devices in the status bar until the next xAP message arrives, despite
showing the Viewer itself in the tree.- Some small performance tweaks
including less frequent devices count and message total count updating on
the status bar.S-- Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>xAPFramework.net - a
xAP soft
ware development framework for .net<A href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A href="http://www.xapframework.net/";>http://www.xapframework.net/</A></TT>