Small xAP Message Viewer update available

  • Subject: Small xAP Message Viewer update available
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:18:00 +0000

Hi folks,

I've uploaded a new build, v1.2.1.4 of the xAP Message Viewer utility
to here (right down at the bottom):

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=4</a>>

In case you're not familiar with this useful utility, there is some
online documentation to be found here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=8";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=8</a>>

As well as being a little bit faster at processing incoming xAP
messages (because of some improvements I've made to the core of
xAPFramework recently), this latest build is notable for a very small
but useful little featurette: it remembers its last used position,
size and various dimensions. I got fed up moving it around my screen
every day!!

The other notable improvement is its use of a configuration file to
store the settings you can adjust from its UI. Rather than saving them
to the Viewer.exe.config file it stores things in a separate file.
This is another small change but it's significant because previously
it would get overwritten the next time you download and extract an
updated build to the same location.

There are also some tweaks to its malformed xAP message handling which
have been spotted and fixed. The remainder of the changes are listed
below.

Any problems, let me know.

Change History:

- Fixed problem that didn't remove old messages when a xAP device was
'forgotten'. If newer messages subsequently arrived the full set would be
visible once again.
- Fixed bug that allowed 2 similar devices differing only in name case to
appear
in the tree separately.
- Removed extra newline character in tooltip display, making it a line
taller
than it needed to be.
- Added Tooltips option to Tools menu and Tools/Options dialog, but only
when
manually activated via the config file rather than always being present.
- Saves/Restores its window position, size, state and inner dimensions, as
well
as general settings, to a new configuration file, separate from the
app.config
file.
- Fixed small bug which displayed 0 devices in the status bar until the
next xAP
message arrives, despite showing the Viewer itself in the tree.
- Some small performance tweaks including less frequent devices count and
message total count updating on the status bar.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=EFDr1lbujgUQ0jpEoOl_sMJHXHjCzPXoOj6mDN5zeoaUEb-bSZ4Gtcb58QEfqU-CZy9L8bho8OXiUeZH-B5eFW28">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net