RE: Re: Linux & xAP

  • Subject: RE: Re: Linux & xAP
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:27:00 +0000

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=0OlM4JvYDEdWq2D1bqaQHB4t_o8apX0ovjbOmV-Dr9pfCMMUUhgziSCKtGYnFujNW0qQVBdP7bytvWZz1YR220w">lists@x...</a>]
> Sent: 27 February 2004 18:04
> >Is there some application/code that could be considered
> the "reference"
> >implementation to test against?
>
> Ummm, I'm going to stand-up and take half of that one I
> think. My own xAPFramework.NET library is (by design) very
> strict in its handling of xAP messages. Sometimes this can
> be annoying I guess, but I prefer the benefits.
>
> What it does mean is that if you used something like xAP
> Viewer (running on a Windows/.NET PC) you could see how it
> handles the xAP messages. And it will moan at you if you
> start sending things that aren't correctly formed. Well,
> maybe not so much 'moan', but it will highlight problems
> quite nicely in the latest version, as well as attempt to
> describe what the actual problem it encountered is.

If it gets through Stuarts Framework then it complies is the view I've
always taken !

Actually Stuart I did notice that if you send a heartbeat with a UID that
ends in something other than 00 it just says 'A badly formed message has
arrived at the bottom of the window and wont allow you to view the
offending
message as it is not displayed, plus that warning persists for the life of
Viewer.