Re: Re: Linux & xAP

  • Subject: Re: Re: Linux & xAP
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:18:00 +0000

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:40:45 -0000, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=F5Ky-EMestCc6oM6Hh1IN3l1vNaDMwngQRcycN051FaasR1Ndu0qdq1Zz1I91CcLr6_WnIw7oSpQfIGrY_--">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> One of our issues has been that all the applications really link off
>about half a dozen individual sites and the preference has been for
people
>to maintain their own site and just link to this from the xAP portal -
the
>three links that you mention actually provide access to some 100 plus
>downloads I would guess.

I haven't had a chance to check but I think those links are actually
direct links to the applications on the various personal sites so that
the personal sites can maintain the download stats. I'm sure there was
a list of personal sites somewhere, but I'll have to look later on.

> Let's have a think about this and see how we can improve things as
>there really is an awful lot of work happening on xAP currently that is
not
>as visible as we would like.

James has a nice box on the right hand side of www.mi4.biz that
provides links to various other sites. That would help if it isn't
already present on www.xapautomation.org

Web site maintenance keeps coming up but I don't think it is anybody's
favourite task in the world! :-)

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=IWSkhwj3e7tMuGBJnKukyXpGpQGe9IgYvN4POuqRy9u6Gdvuf-IOXM8Ur9jkCadPFzRB13-un4j9EnZOiIk">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net