Re: Re: Linux & xAP

  • Subject: Re: Re: Linux & xAP
  • From: Johan Helsingius
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:34:00 +0000

Stuart,

>Unfortunately things have been a bit busy this year for various
>reasons and I've not made as much progress as I'd have liked!

Now, *that* sounds familiar :)

>I do have a whole series of updates coming along just as soon as I'm
>satisfied they all work, so hopefully this w/e with any luck, and I
>can at last make good on my original promise! Unfortunately all my
>stuff is Windows/.NET so of little interest to yourself I think.

Hmm. Thinking about HA, I have nothing against using Windows for the
user interface parts, but there is just no way I am going to rely on
Win for the embedded and 24x7 parts.

>Oh, no worries. I've got lots of things in my head simply because I'm
>quite familiar with a lot of it, so I for one don't necessarily notice
>these things. Constructive comments mucho appreciated...

Thanks! Will try!

>Cry out on-list and somebody will help out.

OK... First a bona fide question - is there a standardised way
(such as an XML application) for the schemas? I assume
pretty much any complex xAP application will have to work
with a bunch of schemas, and it would be nice if they were
all available in some standardised, parseable format.

Then just more of a "wish list" thing - how about a simple,
C-language-without-threads-and-other-fancy-stuff library
for just parsing and converting xAP wire format messages?
And preferably under something like the Apache/BSD
license, so that it can actually be used in an embedded,
commercial application.

Is there some application/code that could be considered
the "reference" implementation to test against?

Julf