Re: xAP News 2 BETA 2 Released

  • Subject: Re: xAP News 2 BETA 2 Released
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:30:00 +0000

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:32:34 +0000, James <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=cK7FPPHw-n-BdWhz348t-jHJIhxFv0HstTTF01tiVQqVyjbQDZJkxJFLM7xFujpcB28f">james@m...</a>>
wrote:

>All your bugs are squashed and its a bit faster too. One thing is that
>have spread out the xAP news broadcasts but collections still happen
>together. This means that on startup you will see a barrage of
>news.alert messages but after that all will be spread out.

There's a nice gap between each news.alert message during the initial
burst, which seems nice to me.

Wasn't there a news.report alongside each alert in the previous build?
I am only seeing one of several feeds reporting a news.report message.
Oh, hang on, there's another one. They come trickling out afterwards,
exactly as you said above in fact. I get it now.

>Feedname case is preserved,

This one isn't working it seems. They're still appearing as CAPITALS
for me here. All feeds without exception. The names are definitely not
capitalised in the news.txt file, for instance:

Feed=mi4biz,<a href="http://www.mi4.biz/backend.php,1200,600,Yes,Yes";>http://www.mi4.biz/backend.php,1200,600,Yes,Yes</a>
Feed=xaporg,<a href="httP://www.xapautomation.org/backend.php,1200,600,Yes,Yes";>httP://www.xapautomation.org/backend.php,1200,600,Yes,Yes</a>
Feed=xapframework,<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/backend.php,1200,600,Yes,Yes";>http://www.xapframework.net/backend.php,1200,600,Yes,Yes</a>

Everything else looks good. I'll let you know about any odd characters
I see. That story from last night isn't there anymore, unsurprisingly.
Interestingly I didn't realise Space Shuttle flights had been delayed
until 2005. This is good stuff!!

Thanks,

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=pf41cY0kbgBXrr8gsV7cU4xbQLEi_gXkQ6FOFLhCRiy_FmHKyI9euQ5GMp7DxLonmRaaKYCEIsYdnB9Gmorn">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net