Re: xAP News 2 Beta released

  • Subject: Re: xAP News 2 Beta released
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:06:00 +0000

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:26:28 +0000, James <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=qRwCg3fks79TcYXPJ-TCJupMEi4lwn1QlcOanKlHB6thwyTU4N7KfCp0TTYOph7hi4zT9ZheHOU">james@m...</a>>
wrote:

>This new version now runs as an NT service and supports upto 1000 news
>feeds. Each feed is presented using sub devices on the xAP network. All
>the old features are there too including support for RSS .9,1.0 and RDF
>news feeds, selectable grab timer for each feed and selectable timer
for
>xAP broadcasts for each feed. It is now also possible to not send out
>xAP broadcasts but only send out news.alerts when the top story
changes.

>Please let me know if you run in to any problems with it as there are a
>lot of changes from the last release...

Hi James,

I just got around to configuring this new bad boy - one of my
favourite xAPps as you know.

I went through the provided news.txt file and enabled the news feeds
that sounded interesting. Then I fired up xAP News which started
pumping out information.

Earlier, in anticipation of this, I had fired up Viewer so I could see
what was coming in. It started reporting errors on invalid messages
fairly soon into the stream of data. Here's an example:

66
Error Message: Invalid name/value pairing. The length of the UID value
is incorrect
Message Line#: 5 - uid=FF2348010
Received From: 192.168.1.11:1315

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF2348010
class=news.alert
source=mi4.news.anya.A:BBCTECH
}
news.feed
{
Station=bbctech
Title=BBC News  Technology  UK Edition
Link=<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/1/hi/technology/default.stm";>http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/1/hi/technology/default.st\
m</a>
Desc=Updated every minute of every day
}
news.story
{
Title='Gamer's virus' aims to hit users
Link=<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/1/hi/technology/3500093.stm";>http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/1/hi/technology/3500093.st\
m</a>
Desc=Security firms are issuing warnings about the fast-spreading
Bagle-B virus.
}

The error that was generated is as follows:
Problem reading xAP message.

Source: xAPMessage
Problem reading xAP message.
Invalid name/value pairing
The length of the UID value is incorrect.
99

There is an extra digit creeping into the subaddress node value of the
UID I think:

Working: uid=FF234809

Failing: Message Line#: 5 - uid=FF2348011
Failing: Message Line#: 5 - uid=FF2348012

etc.....

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=WMuwhwBNqan8r6sHl0NcpshoaeZu4woO9XrIePft9cHFUYV-bv7OQN3LKuysLWtrw1DbT_Tf9D56NCh_mSSawOI">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net