RE: Re: Linux & xAP

  • Subject: RE: Re: Linux & xAP
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:37:00 +0000

There was a fairly basic xAP v1.2 implementation written in ANSC C (well
Rabbit derivative of) by Patrick a while back . Handles tareting too. I
have
re-written a portion of that to allow it to compile with the latest version
of the Direct C compiler now supplied for the Rabbit. The UDP libraries had
changed and some higher level (eg http) functionality was later included as
libraries. I use this as the basis of the Rabbit C-Bus to xAP controller -
and it will also be used within the HomeVision and X10 bridging variants.
It
was used by Patrick within the Meridian Amplifier controller too.

I am not sure in what form this was released so I am hoping that the
original source is still on Patrick's site, or the mirror, possibly under
Rabbit/hardware projects - and if not I suggest you try and email him....

Kevin

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=eGC3hmJvYvK044nqfusp7hujwiIV4QNAzAIJNK9rMZp6Wipa5RP2DamUxs2pcg7Gg98Ssg">yahoo@j...</a>]
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=D8lHlfIxsY4bD5RNSgFZLAy7Rc2f5Anms8KLoERqWCktyWQc_CPFwS7OZNwqJejwgjIdeyAX_dAJu2hh9_oxRmBLZA9g">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>