Re: Windows XP SP2

I'm just trying to get my head around actually what your situation is...
in your first post that you say

Phil Brett wrote:

>  It doesn’t see any messages but it’s own. Other machines still see
it’s messages (heatbeats etc) fine.

So it appears that all apps on the problem machine can send xAP messages
OK but can't receive any - this sounds like a clasic 'hub problem' or a
badly written xAP application. The background is that only one
application can ever receive xAP messages on a given PC and this is the
first one that is launched and opens for it's exclusive use port 3639
(which is where all the xAP broadcasts are sent to, even ones from other
machines). In order for several applications to be able to listen you
need a xAP hub and this must be the first xAP application launched on
the machine and then other xAP applications hear xAP messages relayed
via the xAP hub. However in order to hear them they must first register
with the hub as a client. The hub then knows it has to forward messages
it receives onto each of its (several) clients. To register with a hub
you send a heartbeat telling the hub which port you are listening on.
The hub sees this heartbeat and knows thereafter to forward any messages