Re: xap redrat connnector problem

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:45:28 +0100, "Chris Dodge"
<chris@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Sorry that I've not followed up on this thread earlier, but I'm not
sure
>that the RR3 will work with your heart-rate monitor. The RR3 will
produce
>the "IrDa-like" remote control signals used in Telewest STBs
and some NTL
>STBs, but this is a bit different from standard IrDa data comms which
the
>RR3 can't do.

Ah, yes, I figure it was probably unlikely to work much, but it does
pick up the 'probe' signal the monitoring software pumps out from the
USB device. As I don't have it in the d/b it recognise it as an
unknown signal, so I was going to see if I could 'learn' this probe
signal. The rest I'm not really interested in.

>The only way to actually test this IrDa-like signal output is with the
>appropriate Telewest or NTL STB. I don't have one, so relly on other RR
>customers for testing, however if your code loads these signals from
the DB
>and sends them to the RR3 ok, then it should all work fine!!

I think it should be fine, but do need somebody to confirm things,
although I haven't uploaded the latest build yet. It was very easy to
add in code to use the IrDaPacket object instead. I'd just totally
omitted to use it. D'oh.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/