RE: xAP - Very Simple Control Protocol

  • Subject: RE: xAP - Very Simple Control Protocol
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:17:07 +0100

Hi Ake,

Yes you may find that the BSC schema is an ideal fit for 90% of the
interaction between VSCP and xAP. Interestingly I have been working on
several gateway type projects at the moment and it seems that BSC ,
particularly in the new v1.3 release has been exactly the tool for the
task=
.
I will post later today the new v1.3 BSC spec to the files area of this
group and the developer group too. I will also email you it directly Ake.

You might, as Mark says need to devise some of your own schemas to
match any particular features that VSCP would add to the  functionality.

I took a very brief look at VSCP when I saw your posts elsewhere
last week, although I didn=92t get too much time. If there is anything
specific that we can do to help then please ask, obviously we are keen to
see xAP linked with a variety of other protocols and from what little I
kno=
of VSCP it seems to be a great candidate for a gateway.

Kevin

=09=20

VSCP events could be=20
> transfered to xAP and vice versa. The question is where to=20
> start. Do I create a new schema, use an old one.=20=20
> Any help, pointers are welcome.
>=20
> Regards
> /Ake
>=20
> --
>  ---
> Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer) eurosource,=20
> Brattbergav=E4gen 17, 820 50 LOS, Sweden
> Phone: (46) 657 413430 Cellular: (46) 73 84 84 102
> Company home: http://www.eurosource.se=20=20=20=20=20=20
> Kryddor/Te/Kaffe: http://www.brattberg.com Personal=20
> homepage: http://www.eurosource.se/akhe
Automated home:=20