New Email on-screen display messages?

  • Subject: New Email on-screen display messages?
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:31:00 +0000

Folks,

Sometimes the new email OSD messages can get long. I'm just cutting
out some of the fluff to trim down the length of the message a bit.

If you received an email reply that included the Re: component, how
would you all feel if I chopped those few extra letters out?

For instance, taking a message that just appeared on my Slim:

Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Optical Connections

This would become:

Subject: [ukha_d] Optical Connections

It does lose information though as you won't know if it's a new thread
or a follow-on message.

Maybe I should make "Re:" trimming an(other) option. Any thoughts
anyone?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=uI1KCXq8IOT1iZaE0qTEVFLG1wjcPQcOFN1JFRDtTHB5BN96b4SaTSD-FcO_Uk1ALRIxd5UI4r8Dig4crAggig">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net