RE: Slimp3 connector help

  • Subject: RE: Slimp3 connector help
  • From: UKHA
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:26:00 +0000

Hi Kevin

Yep i'm hooked already.

At the moment i am using HV to send a Xap message using the Run program
command,
so for instance if one of my PIR camera's is triggered, (which is connected
in
parallel to one of HV's input ports) HV performs an action. ie Run program
"c:\gatecam.xap this is picked up by Stuart's send Xap message service
and then
targeted to the Slimp3.
The Slimp3 is now able to 'tell' me which camera has been triggered (i've
got
eight around the outside of the house!).

I'm afraid i'm not really up to speed with writing my own apps. I was
thinking
of getting something like Teach yourself Visual Basic in 21 Days unless
anyone
else can recommend me a book.

The idea of sending xap messages to HV and vice versa is really appealing.

Cheers
Martin