RE: Slimp3 connector help

  • Subject: RE: Slimp3 connector help
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:30:00 +0000

Hi Martin..

Welcome to xAP, be warned it's addictive !

Interested... a quick Q..

How are you triggering the sending of a xAP message from HV
?? Are you formatting a xAP serial message and passing it into a xAP bridge
or do you have a small application taking serial input 'triggers' and
outputting xAP messages ? Or... ??

I was thinking that a very simple xAP application schema could be
devised for this that could be very useful for controlling a multitude of
serial based devices - eg AV amps etc that haven't got direct support. In
this way any HV serial command could be sent to HV (via xAP) and received
causing a xAP message to originate. This I am guessing would be just a few
lines using xAP Framework.

serial.received
{
port=2
data= I have done what you asked
}

serial.send
{
port=2
data= please do this
}

serial.initialise or serial.setup
{
port=2
baud=9600
stop=1
start=1
parity=none
}

Kevin

PS Yes.. Yahoo is dreadful at the moment - all posts seem to be randomly
delayed and appear in all the wrong order for me !

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=8evuSpPFqmFYB2aoX5mxorJe7Z7Kl6lt7KsWDhhNydfft_q48wsvY_Z3Jw-fZ0tsh0fKG8fM47IylET9AfQ">ha@o...</a>]
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=67vwxFcFocSo1N8bFwrxbO8bHGfmgiwTV2uPXYSGJhGa2ZKKNzoCks7AtcqQepq44kRY4CqpK_8hyjJBlCaM7kcb2xObprHO">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=FWyilOtHnHUVxgK9UVMoeQwg1C1ajtg_9utqLCF0q92BDWVihJiAp8gjb-8ySst-psMfCbCM2eKUD-yg3599Qw">lists@x...</a>]

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=cc2Kj_UBYp_cQwP1LDhhW9TvWqjdmuj1PSUgjmTdgNV1iASk2sX6HbWmIEXKo96j8yiFKzZ2wf2EFd113xA">stuart@x...</a>>