RE: Re: Network interface card required for xAP.

  • Subject: RE: Re: Network interface card required for xAP.
  • From: Sullivan, Glenn
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:43:00 +0000

Absolutely what I was talking about.

In "consumer" versions of windows, you can go into the network
control
panel, choose "Add", Choose "Adapter" and then, from
the list, choose
"Microsoft" as a manufacturer and "MS LoopBack adapter"
as a model.

Then you can add and bind whatever protocols, clients, and services you
want. Including TCP/IP, of course.

I believe that they made this slightly more difficult in Win2K/XP (like
installing NetBeui got more difficult. Thank god for that one though...) to
install, but it is either installable from the Windows CD or from a
third-party freebie replacement.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.