Re: xAP Schema

  • Subject: Re: xAP Schema
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 16:13:00 +0000

Caller ID schema. There are 2 versions that I know of. Any other
variations I'm not familiar with?

** Patrick's version: **

CID.incoming
{
CallType={voicedataunknown}
TimeStamp=hh:mm dd/mm
Phone=<number>
Name=<callers name>
Text=Call at hh:mm dd/mm from <number>number (<name>name)
}

Number May include white space. If not present, may be flagged as
UNAVAILABLE, WITHHELD, INTERNATIONAL or PAYPHONE.

Name If not present, may be flagged as UNKNOWN, UNAVAILABLE, WITHHELD,
INTERNATIONAL or PAYPHONE).

TimeStamp The exchange does not include the year in the datestamp. The
exchange does not include seconds in the timestamp.

** My version: **

CID.Incoming
{
Type=[Voice  Ringback  MessageWaiting]
--- Mandatory call type
DateTime=YYYYMMDDHHMMSS
--- Mandatory
Phone=01234567890
--- Mandatory
RNNumber=[Available  Unavailable  Withheld]
--- Mandatory (Reason No Number)

Formatted_Date=22 January 2003
--- Optional
Formatted_Time=21:27:00
--- Optional

Name=["Calling Line Name"  INTERNATIONAL  PAYPHONE]
--- Optional (not currently supported so will mostly be blank)
RNName=[Available  Unavailable  Withheld]
--- Optional (Reason No Name)
}

Merging the two:

1. I like the idea of removing the Reason No <Name  Number> from mine
and merging that information into the Phone or Name line.

2. Patrick uses "CallType" and I shortened this field to
"Type". I
figure that the "Call" bit is implicit in the message being a
CallerID
event, so why not omit it? The shorter the messages are the better.

3. We have different values for CallType/Type. Which are correct? I
pulled my values from the Meteor documentation way back when I first
wrote the code.

4. Patrick uses TimeStamp which matches the incoming CID information.
I changed mine to a 'standard' DateTime value using the notation that
Gerry Duprey suggested a while ago. I think that if all time/date
stamps use this one format then a larger variety of formatting/parsing
code is eliminated from a lot (if not all) xAP applications.

5. I don't bother with the Text line as I feel that that is a job for
another item on the xAP network.

6. Patrick's Number field includes International or Payphone. This is
duplicated in the Name field I believe, which would seem to make it
redundant, increasing the size of the message, but removing the need
for a low-end device having to check both fields.

7. Formatted Date/Time. This was another suggestion raised many months
ago now which I've left in.

This leaves us with this:

CID.Incoming
{
Type=[VOICE RINGBACK MESSAGEWAITING]
--- Mandatory call type
DateTime=YYYYMMDDHHMMSS
--- Mandatory
Phone=["01234-567890"  UNAVAILABLE  WITHHELD  INTERNATIONAL??
PAYPHONE??]
--- Mandatory
Name=["Calling Line Name"  UNAVAILABLE  WITHHELD  INTERNATIONAL
PAYPHONE]
--- Mandatory

Formatted_Date=22 January 2003
--- Optional
Formatted_Time=21:27:00
--- Optional
}

Any further comments?

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=aWwej00yMPB-4J4C9lmY_MPxNQvH31aSPRbGRN5FY6BxnV126rB_bQt1NiuG0AuHTyeb9j8uoVkwU8RXe08A_uAG">stuart@x...</a>