xAP / XPL bridge

  • Subject: xAP / XPL bridge
  • From: Patrick Lidstone
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 08:35:00 +0000

XPL have applied for their own port number, which will separate the
two protocols and allow them to co-exist on the same host. Once the
port number is allocated, I will release an intelligent
bridge/gateway to allow messages to pass between the two worlds.
Essentially this is no different from interfacing to any other
system, but it does mean that XPL users will be able to make use of
our 80 odd applications as well as vice-versa. Given that XPL is a
subset of xAP, there will be some limitations on what can be done,
but it is still a worthwhile exercise I think.

Patrick