Slightly updated SliMP3 connector

  • Subject: Slightly updated SliMP3 connector
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 10:24:00 +0000

Hi Folks,

I updated this a while ago, but I've not spent any time on it in the
past week unfortunately. Still to implement the MP3 controls, but as I
don't have enough active speakers or spare amplifiers lying around...

Thus it still only handles xAP-OSD.Display messages. But I have
updated the targetting mechanism which I'll try to explain.

If you name your SliMP3 "Office" for instance, the following
targets
are picked up by my connector and routed correctly.

Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.Office
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.>
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.*
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.SlimDevi.SliMP3.Office

If you name your SliMP3 "SlimDevi.SliMP3.Office" (ie using a full
xAP
device name instead of just a simple text string), then all of the
above targets are still picked up by my connector and routed
correctly.

Basically it takes the Instance string off the target address (which
is that of my connector application) and tries various combinations to
match against Slims on the network until it finds a match or matches.

But I've additionally added the option of spying in on messages
targetted at some other address. Thus the following can all be
detected if that suits you (as it does me):

Target=SlimDevi.SliMP3.Office
Target=SlimDevi.SliMP3.>
Target=SlimDevi.SliMP3.*

Again, naming your Slim "Office" or
"SlimDevi.SliMP3.Office" will work
in all these cases.

And of course you can name your Slim "Bedroom.Master" or
"Bedroom.BigDave" (or "SlimDevi.SliMP3.Bedroom.Master"
etc) if you
want in all of the above cases (although "*.*" would be required
in
the target address).

Just a few options to give a bit of flexibility rather than rigidity I
hope.

Here's a sample message:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=DEADBEEF
Class=xAP-OSD.Display
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.>
}
Display.SliMP3
{
Line1=Incoming Voice Call from:
Line2=Stuart Booth (01234-567890)
Duration=5
Align1=Left
Align2=Left
}

Here's the schema I'm using:

Class = xAP-OSD.Display

Display.TiVo
{
Text=(text to display)
--- mandatory
Duration=(seconds to display)
--- optional
Priority=[HighMediumLow] (may override current msg)
--- optional (Low is assumed if not stated)
Row=(screen line)
--- optional
Column=(screen column)
--- optional
Foreground=(foreground colour rgb)
--- optional
Background=(background colour rgb)
--- optional
}

Display.SliMP3
{
Line1="Text to display"
--- Mandatory
Line2="Text to display"
--- Mandatory
Duration="Duration to display in seconds"
--- mandatory

Align1=[Left  Centre  Right]
--- optional (Left aligntment is assumed if not present)
Align2=[Left  Centre  Right]
--- optional (Left aligntment is assumed if not present)
}

No source code yet as I'm a bit strapped for time.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=K4Yu3z3liQAqKNHXAX8bofEV2puu0PP8qhUcEMjLi128SHfYu_tEs_EboYRh8CJ7U9tKHqJbK2t2Z-9r7qggTQer">stuart@x...</a>