RE: Vote time and question...

  • Subject: RE: Vote time and question...
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:27:00 +0000

Hi James,

My vote would be for D then C - and VB is fine for me - however I
think the most useful thing for xAP would be a plugin for HomeSeer as more
than half the UKHA community use this as their home control software -
plugins are written in VB and would sort of achieve D (and C) in a very
familiar way to most users. Obviously as an engine HomeSeer is very capable
and mature and I can see option D being a lot of work to support a load of
features that people will ask for later - but a very needed product too !
Dan Hoehnen is also looking at supporting xAP within ACE - and of
course ACE, which is written in VB and supports VB scripting, will provide
nice mature button based interface useful for option C too. It is not
'free'
though - but very reasonable priced.

BTW - do you use HomeVision ?

Kevin