Progress on the xAP to C-Bus gateway - MY FEEDBACK

  • Subject: Progress on the xAP to C-Bus gateway - MY FEEDBACK
  • From: mark_harrison_uk2
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 10:15:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=J565vu4Bw5CuOqzIEjaJpSoR3m4d9RwBW4T9Qx_sFu8nUmpCSpEGVqDexOCRFblGwf6sEfqZJaB4aOKXTroYuFlPNqo8Gw">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Kevin Hawkins" <lists@u...>
wrote:

I don't have any C-Bus kit at the moment, but post-UKHA2003 it's
certainly on the shortlist (against Polaron) for lighting control.
The thing I dislike about C-Bus is the in-wall controllers, so I'd
definitely want to xAP-control it.

My preference for controllers, best first is:

- Personality for the Rocket board
- Embedded RS232
- Windows application
- Linux application

I don't have any need at the moment for a non-xAP version, but I can
see how it would be useful as a debugging / installation tool (if I
go the PC-application route.)

I'd rather see a xAP - xPL bridge than a separate xPL connector for C-
Bus to xPL. I think that there's going to a be a lot of effort spent
by people building connectors for both protocols unless a bridge
comes into use soon.

Regards,

Mark