Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!

  • Subject: Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:31:00 +0000

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:45:27 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=fGlvmqVc75SE6RDK86jXCScKwLytzgcnDYxoRGKMUPMC4FyTnrN0p3dEpd4a9jqmhF_06jqlYJysH3R8xWHxvw">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>xap-header
>{
>v=12
>Hop=1
>UID=DEADBEEF

I really must fix that before Kevin spots it... ;-) It's fixed in my
private development build, honest!

>Class=xAP-OSD.xAP-Display
>Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
>Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.SlimDevi.SliMP3.*

I suspect it's probably the targetting that isn't quite right yet.

I have a fairly wide range of possible values that the app will pick
up and deliver.

Get rid of it all and we'll start from there. Ie delete that entire
"Target=" line. You don't need it. If it's there you can address
individual Slims in a multi-Slim environment. Removing it will address
them all I think (cannot test this here).

>xAP-OSD.xAP-Display
>{
>Text="hello world"
>}

Ohhh, hang on. Where did that come from? That's wrong. Change it to:

Display.SliMP3
{
Line1=Hello
Line2=World!
Duration=15
}

If you go here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=2";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=2</a>>

You can see the message format that the Slim connector excepts to
handle for OSD messages.

>slimp3 connector config file is set as follows
>
><add key="InterceptionAddresses"
>value="KCSoft.SliMP3.SlimDevi.SliMP3.*"/>
>
>Is this right? I'm thinking not.

No, that is definitely wrong I'm afraid - sorry, my documentation
probably isn't as good as it could/should be. I'd get rid of that
value.

That's basically an option so that target address such as the
following can all be picked up:

KCSoft.SliMP3.Office
SlimDevi.SliMP3.Bedroom

>Also if I drag and drop Slimp3-CID.xap onto send, slimp3 connector
>reports
>"Method not found: Void KCS.xAP.Framework"
>
>Will dropping an.xap file onto sent work?

It has worked. Send had sent it, and the SliMP3Connector.exe has
received it, but generated an error!!!! No!

Any chance you could post the text contents of that Slimp3-CID.xap
message you tried sending? I don't seem to have anything by that
filename in my files on my HD.

HTH,

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=GclFd8Q7W1hVTl6Op-pegB87Dty-qR3AnjqSldvZN1WK7k2dR0V0lO3k8p0xv1FgOIPjc2ttNhTNReokbO4uMO8">stuart@x...</a>