Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!

  • Subject: Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:29:00 +0000

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:04:51 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=nSUAiWxe9kSqDBu_NQVN-DY6aC1jQJJW0xCAgTwWMNfriJ-jY_UA5oNU-8AvMABpY-HnZOBAVhgS9Z95DpB3">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>I've already got the send utility. Launch the app and it very
>briefly flashes a console on the screen, no time to read the text on
>it. Is this correct behaviour?

Yes it is, if perhaps not entirely ideal.

It's a very *very* simple console mode application, so it runs, does
what it needs, and exits.

If you were to run it from a console window you'd see it report a few
things to that window instead of opening its own so you see what it's
asking for.

>Presumably I just double click on a text file to send the message.

That is one way of doing it. But the Send app on its own won't work
this way as it takes a filename as a command line parameter. You can
create a shortcut to the Send app on your desktop then drag/drop a
.xAP file onto the short cut, or you can create an entire shortcut to
the Send app plus the .xAP input file. I've got both on my own
desktop.

>Can I manually send a xAP message contained in a .xap file by double
>clicking on it. Windows doesn't know what to open them with.

It won't itself create any associations for you, but I don't see why
you couldn't manually associate .xAP files with the Send app.

I have thought about doing this myself but because I tend to edit the
messages frequently when testing things (usually cases that Kevin
finds and sends me ;-) I have associated .xAP files with notepad.

On my ToDo list is to write an Explorer right-click plugin shell
interface that will allow you to right click a .xAP file and do stuff
with it, such as send to via Send.exe.

>Appologies if I'm asking basic questions here. I came to xAP late.
>I'm very curious and think it all sounds very wonderful.

It's more to do with my stunning lack of documentation I think. Well,
there is some, but it could all better, for sure.

>My current
>cicumstances prevent me from diving in and learning any of the
>programming required to develop myself. You can consider me an
"end
>user" for now.

I sit with both hats on, programming a solution to fit my needs. But I
make my framework as reusable as possible in the hope that others
might one day find it useful.

I have a few buglettes with the newest SlimConnector build to resolve
before I can upload it - if it's run alongside several other xAP
modules in the UI 'container' it has a tendency not to pay attention
for messages targetted at it at the moment.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=iwRjklz_yY5UPJh9qfG_SnIooDJ-6zxzOhZNyK8aPCBKIxWP--ho4RxDVoDTmbU6aAmH3qb2XQ3WvcOjtldkuvE">stuart@x...</a>