Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!

  • Subject: Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:31:00 +0000

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:04:39 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=3VRxWoemQN7HFoBKdQ8DEVJqXCqaw7MAl--H1axvfN3JUSC5rj9zsYKBa4vz1BNB96KizFQPsnTxMYEApg">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>Switched to slim server 4.1b1.
>Hub has a slimp3 client, every minute it gets a renewed port
>message. semms good so far. All I need now is to get a message to
>the slim.

Did I include some sample message with the SliMP3 Connector download?
There are a pile I used to test the connector, including some
OnScreenDisplay ones which are very useful. I have shortcuts to them
on my desktop for demo/test purposes.

You'll need my Send utility too which reads in a file and throws it
out as a message on the xAP network.

>So it looks like the problem is to do with the server update MAC/IP
>addresses.

Great to have that confirmed with version numbers too! Top job. Thanks
for that.

> Obviously I'd like to switch back to the latest server
>version. Stuart, any plan for an update to slimp3 connector? No
>pressure like. <:)

:)

I sure will be. I've got a huge pile of updates to go onto the web
site but I've heavily restructured the apps and am still
testing/tweaking. There's nothing new as such, but this change helps
me move things forwards better.

Sadly web site updates are a royal PITA when you include binaries and
source code for each item (of which there are now many). They're all
linked to source control on my Server which I have to detach before I
upload, making sure all (new) source files are included.

> I had a quick play with the POP3 ticker last night, can't get it to
> run just yet, so I'll be in touch later begging for help.

This is one my ToDo list but if I admitted to how long certain things
have been on there you'd think I'm one slack shyster or something...

I mean to setup some kind of link b/w this and display devices such as
TiVo and SliMP3s. James' xAPWatcher might fit into this scheme too?

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=NRs1wa6FLLEtZcMCkXoYLwV3pM8x2kQPr-G_fLqlMqguARm6NYb3QL4oHS-ir33AJGdaAYa16ZSN_XKuvpJ_8g">stuart@x...</a>