Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused

  • Subject: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:34:00 +0000

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:37:07 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=q9LW9WH0NRfE83IWi4k4FSwN9bEl-pWdOpraUx2qqTSJynvYPRNiCSVUYo8Oae-_NpS85xKFoDnQFy9CipG2aE0">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>Evening all.
>I'm having a bit of a look at xAP. What I would initially like to do
>is get email alerts displayed on my slimp3. I've downloaded Stuart
>Booths xAPframework, hub and slimp3 connector. Patrick Lidstones
>site seems to be down again at the moment so no pop3 mail ticker.

That latter one's on my list of Must-Try too!

>Hub seems to be working fine, plenty of heartbeat echos reported
>(from itself).

Yup, that's good. In a future version I'll probably make that an
option. My current development build of my Listener allows you to turn
off heartbeats *just* from itself, which makes debugging and watching
xAP messages flying around the network much easier, without getting
obscured from the Listener talking to itself.

>Slimp3 connector, edited slimp3 server name and enabled slimp3 name
>cache. Launch slimp connector and the console gives me:-"no
>connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
>it"

Ahhh, I suspect you have the incorrect port number selected in the
SliMP3Connector.exe.config file. This happens for me when I pump in
any old value for example. If you have a look in SLIMP3 Home / Server
Settings / Network of the Slim server configuration screens you can
see the Command Line Interface port number that you need to configure.

HTH??

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=at0KA4DnbsaditNk6Qq6DmFprEPsmq9JVAReUTS1BTBx5dan_FLL5PKWdt1jYGfygvXRbqhOJD0azZEB8g">stuart@x...</a>