xAP Modules

  • Subject: xAP Modules
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:28:00 +0000

Finally, some spare time...

I've just fixed up my xAPplications so that they are more modular. I
now have a standard User Interface application which can load any
number of xAP modules that it finds.

At the moment it's a very plain console mode application, but the next
stage is the GUI version. The cunning thing is that right now I also
have a Windows Service version which is functionally the same, but
obviously without the user interface and can run automatically without
a user being logged on to the server, say.

So, take any one of my xAP modules, choose your interface (Service,
Console or GUI) and you have an application !

Then mix and match at your pleasure:
1) Run the SliMP3 connector and the TiVo->YAC connector as separate
Windows Services;
2) Run the Meteor handler as a GUI application;
3) And let the CallerID/OSD module and the InternetDialupMonitor share
the same Console application.

Or any combination you care to want. One consistent user interface,
many, many reuseable plugins.

I'll update the website over the w/e. There's nothing new to see yet.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=IQtn9MYdwoJl7E8Icx2Ot24Nf6ZaFCLOVpubZxfOWqx9-kMCHTnw5ktQfvJRkgf0tA37QrRfHbzyQPHrApKAGtc">stuart@x...</a>