Re: Progress on the xAP to C-Bus gateway

  • Subject: Re: Progress on the xAP to C-Bus gateway
  • From: Paul Robinson
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:36:00 +0000

All sounds very good - well done Kevin.

On the problem of reporting a level during a ramp, could you keep track of
what current ramps are in place and when they started? If so, you could
work
out an estimate of what the current level should be (for example by
assuming
a linear ramp curve). So what about providing both the currently-reported
level (as given by C-Bus) and your estimated instantaneous level (on
demand)?

The only problem I see with this is the additional storage required to
implement it. I don't know what limitations the hardware places on you. For
home use, it is unlikely that there will be many simultaneous ramps since
the number of units installed will be small, so you could impose a limit
based on available memory if that helps.

Paul