Re: NetCallerID Support

  • Subject: Re: NetCallerID Support
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:27:00 +0000

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:56:09 -0500, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=HE1oeY9BTcGICIpruu3nzyRj8xGTQ_amdQ6Zgoi8INBTc_krhXUYGPmJKsc_4kAiFrOuNxrvd8vc9mM8pqRTLdgC">gsullivan@d...</a>>
wrote:

>I added code to send a message on inbound CID, and bingo, my first real
>message... then it scrolled off the screen before I could look at it.
>
>So... I shut the Heartbeats off in the listener, and fired it back up.
>
>But, in my config file, I have:
><add key="xAPUniqueDeviceID" value="CCCC" />
><add key="xAPSubaddressNode" value="00" />
>
>But the UID in the message is still FFABCD00. If I change the
>SubAddressNode, it works fine, but any change to the Device ID is
ignored.

Looks like I need a tad more info here. I knocked up a sample app that
sounds similar to what you're doing. Here's the config file:
:
<appSettings>
<add key="xAPHeaderSourceVendor" value="KCSoft"
/>
<add key="xAPHeaderSourceDevice" value="Test" />
<add key="xAPUniqueDeviceID" value="CCCC" />
<add key="xAPSubaddressNode" value="00" />
<add key="xAPHeartbeatInterval" value="60" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

Here's the C# source:

static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.WriteLine("Hello, World");

xAPHeartbeat hb = new xAPHeartbeat ();
xAPHeartbeatPump pump = new xAPHeartbeatPump (hb);

pump.Start();

xAPMessage msg = new xAPMessage ();
msg.Header = new xAPHeader ();
msg.AddMessageBlock(new xAPMessageBlock("Wibble",
"Wobble"));
xAPSender.ApplicationSender.Send(msg);

Console.ReadLine();
}

That's all I needed to generate a h/b of:

xap-hbeat
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFCCCC00
class=xap-hbeat.alive
source=KCSoft.Test.anya
interval=60
pid=1680
}

and a message of:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFCCCC00
class=Class.Type
source=KCSoft.Test.anya
}
Wibble.Wobble
{
}

Looks okay to me. Can you spot anything notably different?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=7HytfUD2UtZmfaEQsbKiiaZprUrPwAY_msydIHa-ftVZIn9rZkTw6dmtE3zVbQuNkPfuBefhZh0Qqht0Ug">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net