RE: NetCallerID Support

  • Subject: RE: NetCallerID Support
  • From: Sullivan, Glenn
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:56:00 +0000

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something... does a hub-connected client's
messages get the Hub's UID?

I guess I should back up.

I figured "I want more than one xAPplication on my machine, so I need
a hub"

I downloaded Stuart's hub (console mode) and fired it up.

I downloaded Stuart's Listener, changed the .config to show all heartbeats,
and fired it up. Bingo... heartbeats from the hub, heartbeats from the
listener.

I added code to my app to start a HeartBeat pump on load. Bingo, heartbeats
from my app. <big smile>

(btw, I just verified that the HB messages that my app and Listener send
out
have different UID's, even though they relay through the same hub, so my
first question is moot)

I added code to send a message on inbound CID, and bingo, my first real
message... then it scrolled off the screen before I could look at it.

So... I shut the Heartbeats off in the listener, and fired it back up.

But, in my config file, I have:
<add key="xAPUniqueDeviceID" value="CCCC" />
<add key="xAPSubaddressNode" value="00" />

But the UID in the message is still FFABCD00. If I change the
SubAddressNode, it works fine, but any change to the Device ID is ignored.

Am I doing something wrong?

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.