RE: C-Bus gateway update Aug 15th

  • Subject: RE: C-Bus gateway update Aug 15th
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:08:00 +0000

A very brief update to say that I have now got the Ethernet
downloader (mostly) working and so as soon as the C-Bus SIM's arrive I
should be in a position to get some units out !!( means also I must
finalise my schemas !!) You can even update over the internet ! So you
won't need a serial programming cable and I can feel a little happier that
can correct bugs / add features in the field.
PLUS - I have been asked if I can make the C-Bus libraries available for
others to add into their own C code. I had originally thought 'no' as there
are NDA issues here but there is a library encryption feature in Dynamic C
that would allow me to do this - providing a function based API for the
C-Bus stuff. However I have to purchase this option - (its £100 ish) - so I
can do it - if people are prepared to pay a little towards it!

- (K doesn't hold his breath waiting for a response on this one...)

I will post a pic of the first run boards to the files area over the
weekend.

Kevin