Re: Interconnecting the xAP protocol with x10 signals

  • Subject: Re: Interconnecting the xAP protocol with x10 signals
  • From: steve.cooper@xxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:27:00 +0000

>> Now my questions :) :
>> Between the CM12 and LM12, the commands are transported using x-10
signals,
>>correct?

Correct, the message is sent via the electric cables

>> But, after the process starts (I give command toggle off/on my
lamp) I
>> send my commands using the xAP protocol.
>> The CM12 is able to convert the xAP commands into x10 signals? Or
there
>> is another device capable to do this?
>> Likewise, the LM12 is able to decode the x-10 signals into xAP
commands?

The sequence would go something like

1. Send out a xAP signal to Switch on Lamp Module (say lamp module with
code A1)
2. xAP to CM12 software program picks up the xAP signal and tell CM12 to
send a 'A1 On' signal down the electric cable
3. The lamp module receives the 'A1 On' on the power line and switches on

>> I presume no, the CM12 isn't capable to convert from xAp to x10,
>> because xAP is a new protocol. So, how can I use xAP with x-10?
Because
it
>> seems that I need some converters for codeing/decodeing from one
>> another...

There are many different programs that can control or can direct a CM12 to
send out X10 signals. xAP is just one method of doing this. Initially it
may be worth just getting a CM12 and lamp module then using the windows
software that comes with the CM12 'ActiveHome' this will get you use to
using the x-10 setup. You can then start using xAP or one of the other
more flexible programs to control the CM12.

There are two main forums for UKHA they are

UKHA - this just delivers key announcement

and

UKHA_D - this is where all the discussions happen, very friendly lot.

Also worth a look are

- The main UKHA site run by Mark McCall
- Check out the Getting Started link on the
front page

Any more questions just keep asking and we'll try and answer.

S.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.

Thank you for your assistance.