RE: TiVo OSD

  • Subject: RE: TiVo OSD
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:12:00 +0000

There was a thread a long time ago on the Tivo Underground list
about hacking the overlays and graphics - I never followed it to its
conclusion except that I know it seemed very difficult and that most seemed
to be imaged to some form of Targa file - and then displayed - wasn't going
to provide an easy route for realtime fancy text (font/colour/size/opacity)
usage. Have a search - a long way back - 2 years or so - on the bbs - I am
sure by now this will have come on a long way. It would be a great feature
to have !
I guess you are not using the VCR out when you recorded this ? I
believe that the text overlays & Tivo graphics are not present on
this
output - to protect against exactly the issue you experienced.

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=ufL3-rKfIOsJYIw8LLtVOHj70mJJLQ2MJB9OdUWN7QD5N8M5a4_-H85Eo8tkqi7t6XMeISEDZg5ueKfneSOw">lists@s...</a>]
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=Rwa38OzCPaAyxkaCeMObicxAK7iitvl7k2038FFLWlZVBiACtdHJf7i1r6hn7owgPrHCTV7TV6rhehapZI25wHAzhw78M_8">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: [xap_automation] TiVo OSD
>
> Has anybody come across any fancier OSD modules for TiVo than the
> simple YAC or TiVoWeb's slightly more colourful display output?
>
> A friend had the amusing experience of watching something I'd recorded
> onto VHS tape for him and seeing various TiVo OSD messages that my xAP
> applications were transmitting at the time :-))
>
> Anyway, it set me thinking, what I really want is something capable of
> doing the TiVo style colourful and graphical overlays, allowing me to
> send pictures and things to the OSD outputs.
>
> Mug shot CID notifications for instance.
>
> Stuart
> --
> Stuart Booth
> xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=Xpai3-lKV4XBIUx4u1o9d7RU-xZlprD643rfnKVb0Nl3Ej1_tQugYhEknLYl5lybIhTlDtfmqTsj4Q8EZLH_If_y">stuart@x...</a>