Re: FTTP - Draytek Vigor - or Something Else?

Take a look at the ubiquity solutions.

If you=E2=80=99re already using Ubiquity Unfi (wireless AP=E2=80=99s) then
=
the security gateway can be managed from the same software

https://linitx.com/product/ubiquiti-unifi-security-gateway/14177
<https://l=
initx.com/product/ubiquiti-unifi-security-gateway/14177>

Or for a bit more control (although some CLI work might be required) take
a=
look at=20

https://linitx.com/product/ubiquiti-edgemax-edgerouter-x-uk-psu/14588
<http=
s://linitx.com/product/ubiquiti-edgemax-edgerouter-x-uk-psu/14588>

I=E2=80=99m using the latter and it covers everything I need, but I=E2=80=
=99m still on slow lane ADSL

Lots of useful info on the web about either, including a few comparison
vid=
eos of the two.

Stuart

> On 13 Jun 2018, at 14:26, lists@xxxxxxx [ukha_d] <ukha_d@yaho=
ogroups.com> wrote:
>=20
>=20
> FTTP was installed at the Automated Home yesterday \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/=20
>=20
>=20
> I need to replace my router and as I've always had Draytek and know
how t=
o use them I'm considering a new one.=20
>=20
> The 2926 looks like a contender...
> https://www.draytek.com/en/
products/products-a-z/router. all/vigor2926-s=
eries/ <https://www.draytek.com/en/products/products-a-z/router.all/vigor29=
26-series/>
>=20
> I'm assuming it will work with the Ethernet presentation out of this
BT w=
all box I have....?
9guao1k175vzqi2/FTTP-1.jpg?dl=3D 0 <https://ww=
w.dropbox.com/s/9guao1k175vzqi2/FTTP-1.jpg?dl=3D0>
>=20
> Will I be able to set my LAN IP range OK or is that determined from
the W=
AN feed from the BT box? (The BT Homehub won't even allow me to set the
10.=
xxx.xxx.xxx range I was using before).
>=20
> These are my main requirements...
> o Router & Firewall handle up to 300 Mbps
> o Built in VPN
> o Bandwidth control per IP
> o Lots of port forwarding
> o No command line interfaces (life is too short)
>=20
>=20
> Thanks
>=20