Re: Loft storage ...

I=E2=80=99d be tempted to say that if any joists are that fragile they
real=
ly shouldn=E2=80=99t be holding up a roof... :-)

If you can stand on them then they should be up to the job of handling a
re=
asonably hefty load as long as it=E2=80=99s well distributed.

Phil

Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...

> On 3 Jun 2018, at 13:17, Nicholas Humfrey njh@xxxxxxx [ukha_d]
<ukha_d=
@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I had been looking at Loft Legs because Wickes sell them:
> https://www.wickes.co.uk/Loftleg-Raised-Floor-Loft-Legs---175mm-Pack-of-1=
2/p/100412
>=20
> However I have been warned about putting a floor in my loft because
I=20
> have quite small ceiling joists.
> Given that I just want to store suitcases, empty boxes etc... I am
not=20
> sure how big a problem it is?
>=20
> I guess just the weight of the chipboard floor could make it a risk?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> nick.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>> On 2018-05-29 17:37, Jon Payne jgpayne@xxxxxxx [ukha_d] wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>=20
>> I used "loft legs" https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017Z80ZYU
[1] which
>> look much like the "lofty" ones you mention. I had large
floorboard
>> sized chipboard in the loft which was a nightmare to lift and
replace
>> on my own! The end result seems sturdy enough.
>>=20
>> The loft legs seemed quite good in that you could pre-screw the
screws
>> into the loft leg which made is easier to hold it in place with
one
>> hand and screw it in with the other.
>>=20
>> But yes, it's never pleasant dealing with fibreglass :(  Long
>> trousers, long sleeved top and a face mask helped.
>>=20
>> Cheers,
>> jon
>>=20