Re: Re: z-Wave options

Hi Patrick,

I've had 2 SD card failures in the 2+ years that I've been using
Raspberry Pis. I currently have 8 running 24x7 around the house.

Around a year ago I switched to mounting my file systems read-only, so
there are no writes to the SD card at all. Since then I've had no
failures at all, and there's far less risk of SD card damage if the
power is removed unexpectedly.

Is an entirely read-only file system an option for you?

Regards,

John

Posted by: John Bent <john@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums