RE: Relay light control problem

Simon,

=20

It=E2=80=99s caused by arcing at the relay contacts since you are
switching=
an inductive load.

Add bidirectional transient-voltage-suppression across the existing relay
o=
utput to snub the arcing.

Use you GPIO board relay to switch another relay that is inductive rated
i.=
e. a small contactor or solid state relay.

Change the fluorescent fittings for ones with high frequency ballasts.

=20

The best solution is probably adding the additional relay.

=20

HTH

=20

Simon