RE: Improving WiFi Coverage

To be honest this sort of thing is the bane of my working life ...
people
who will happily pay upwards of =A33k for an analogue interconnect or
=A37k=
for
a pair of speaker cables or =A32k for an Ethernet cable or =A3500 for a UK
=
Plug
to IEC mains lead but balk at spending =A3120 on a half decent router to
ge=
their network stable to run it all on ...=20=20

"But my BT HomeHub gives the most reliable wireless network possible -
the
advert says so - so why should I spend money on another router just to make
your kit work - your kit must be faulty - you should fix it to work ... you
should tell people that you need specific functionality before you let them
buy your kit!" ... no, you just need a network that properly works and
bridges properly between the wired and wireless networks and supports the
documented and ratified network protocols that your free piece of crap that
was given to you for free by your ISP and has never had a firmware opdate
simply doesn't support correctly.

"No - it's impossible to run a network cable - I want to use it on
WiFi -
you put WiFi on it so make it work!" ... no, it's *ALWAYS* possible to
run =
network cable - just depends whether it's worth the expense and effort to
you!

Bloody Ethernet Over Mains things should be banned too ... bastard
unreliable pieces of crap ... I don't give a turd about Radio HAMs
complaining about the interference they generate (that's a different
argument) but they simply can't be relied upon ... they *NORMALLY* work but
when they don't then you're fucked!

I actually had a guy on Friday *TELL* me to get hold of the guys that write
Asset UPnP and *TELL* them to make it work like Twonky UPnP because he was
having problems with UPnP discovery on his network (which is actually down
to his router but he doesn't believe me) ... so when I politely told him
that neither of those products were anything to do with us and we have no
contacts or influence with either Asset or Twonky and that we do our own
rippers / storage devices / UPnP servers his reply was "Yes but I
don't wan=
to spend the money that you charge I want to use Asset or Twonky
instead...=
"

Grrrrr!=20

Phil