Large Screen TV various questions

--89mO1=_uU1C3nQRoIVrNBmqbn7TXQjHK1Z

Hello all

I've just made my first foray into the large screen TV world and am
looking=
for some advice on various topics relating to it.

I'm=20
going to be mounting the TV using a Sanus VLL5 bracket, onto a wet
plastere=
d=20
Thermalite block wall.
So no dot and dab cavities to worry about, but I am concerned about fixing
=
the=20
bracket into a Thermalite block.
The Sanus bracket is a USA product and the only two wall types covered in
t=
he=20
instructions are timber stud and solid concrete blocks.
The supposedly UK based support for Sanus is based in Holland and they
were=
=20
about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
They=20
hadn't heard of aerated concrete blocks and were unable to offer any
advice=
.
I've=20
web browsed and there seems to be a lot of recommendations for the Rigifix=
=20
product, if anybody here has used those?

I contacted an aerated block=20
manufacturer's technical support and they advised against using any form
of=
expanding fixing in a lightweight block.
So it looks like I am back to using the Sanus supplied 10mm diameter
plasti=
c "Rawlplug fixings, unless anybody has any better ideas?

Next comes the problem of feeding power and all the other ancillary cables
=
to the rear of the TV.
I am lucky in that the wall that I am mounting the TV on is an internal
cav=
ity wall, that was created to lose a "foul" pipe.
I can therefore cut a suitably sized hole behind the TV and fish all the
ca=
bles that I need, diagonally down through the cavity, a distance of
approx.=
1.5m.

But what type of box or outlet to put in the wall to feed the cables to,
an=
y recommendation or advice is welcome?
Again I've=20
done some searching and come up with this product, which would seem to
do=20
pretty much what I want, albeit at a fancy price.

http://www.sync-box.com/recessed-outlet/

I want to mount any AV equipment remotely in a Node/Store room on the
first=
=20
floor and I envisage that an AV amp and PVR would be located about 6m from
=
the=20
TV.