Flic: The wireless smart button

Hello,

Last year I sponsored Flic on Indiegogo and received 5 of their
Bluetooth LE wireless shortcut buttons. They are very compact, well
designed and nicely made and send a message to your iOS/Android phone
when you press them.

https://flic.io/

Example tasks are:
- Control your lights (Hue, LIFX)
- Play music (Sonos, Spotify)
- Take picture (remote trigger)
- Switch on your TV (Logitech Harmony)
- Find your lost phone
- Timer
- Order Pizza
- etc...

They can be stuck to walls / objects or clipped on to clothing.

They mostly work great but they only downside is that they are paired to
a single phone, so if your phone isn't around, has run out of battery,
out of range etc, the buttons stop working.

Does anyone know of anything else like them?

Would love to find something very similar but works with 433 Mhz to a
RFXtrx433 transceiver (or similar) that is fixed in the house, connected
to a Linux box. But I can't find anything smaller than a car keyfob,
which wouldn't look to good stuck to a wall!

nick.

Posted by: Nicholas J Humfrey <njh@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums