Re: Lightwave RF...

A small note on Z-Wave.

As some of you probably know, LinuxMCE does support Z-Wave, among a
multitude of other protocols. The person that originally developed the
Z-Wave device for LinuxMCE now moved away from Z-Wave into KNX. Reason
being: KNX is stable, Z-Wave was not for him (in a smallish 70sqm
apartment). He isn't using LinuxMCE anymore, but developed a smaller
brother called ago-control

My reason for reporting this: Z-Wave is cool while it works. It is a
bitch to troubleshoot, especially if you mix different vendors
(yeah,yeah, compatible...). Sometimes it is saner to install the green
wire (i.e. KNX), than to rely on RF working flawless these days. I am
happy I went with KNX, even if it meant opening up walls to install the
green cable. And utilizing multi port actors and simple sensors makes
KNX price competitive with Zwave.

Doesn't your rooms need a fresh paint anyway? ;)

--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA